TEXT

Kit's Quote of the Day----"Don't just Say 'I love you' - Be willing to prove it...EVERYDAY!"

Monday, December 3, 2012

World's Sexiest Hobo

I actually found a picture of my next to a
railroad track...Was this a prophecy?
Since I started the blog last week there has been no shortage of ideas from friends, family, readers, etc...And I must admit that there are sometimes when my ego gets massaged. There are other times when I wonder if the people get it--If they understand what I am actually going through...

There are two people--possibly three--all women--who seem to get it. MHL does of course--this was partly her idea. The other two are women that are also on a bit of a journey themselves and they might not want me to mention their names.

The guys in my life don't get it. Their questions have ranged from: "Are you ok, dude?" to "Aren't you worried that people won't be afraid of you anymore?" and "What's up Ghandi? You all pussyfist (I am sure he is teasing about the word PACIFIST) now?"

Others have been supportive--even if they don't quite get what's happening.

One of them, a budding seeker in her own right, said to me, "Are you trying to become the world's sexiest hobo?" I laughed. It was a compliment and also an attempt to lighten the topic..and I appreciated that.

Today, I was talking to someone about that comment and she added, "You should be a life coach--"

I said, "Maybe I should get my OWN shit together before I start coaching someone else..."

Then we cooked up a whole scenario where I could travel the country, riding the rails--hitch hiking from town to town, doing life coaching seminars--and bill myself as THE WORLD'S SEXIEST HOBO---

Can you imagine the posters?

LIFE COACHING AND LIFE LESSONS FROM KIT!
THE WORLD'S SEXIEST HOBO
He is coming to your town and, ladies, he needs a place to stay! 
I can imagine it now...I could gather up all the other good looking homeless guys, get 'em showered up and hire a photographer and publish a "HOT HOBO" calendar - We could pose with those polka dotted sacks on the end of a stick--I could wear a pork-pie hat but no shirt---We could donate half of the profits to homeless shelters or something....(wait---now this is actually starting to sound like a good idea...if you are a publisher, gimme a call---).

Now, let's be clear--I don't think I am all that sexy--I have my moments, but I don't feel all that hot most of the time-- I also don't think I am a hobo--again, that is your perception of what I am doing---but it helped the mood today.

That brings me to the point of all of this---

There are LOTS of things for me to be sad about. I won't re-hash them here. You can imagine for yourself what it would be like if you were in my situation right before the holidays---But despite all of the options for sadness, I refuse. I refuse to be beaten by this. I refuse to feel sorry for myself. I refuse to cave to what people think and I refuse to be depressed.

It comes back to choices. Sometimes when I type stuff like, 'I refuse to be sad' or 'I am on this journey for a reason.' I worry that means that I don't need help or I wouldn't accept help if it was offered....and that's not true---I would. But I won't quit if that help doesn't come. I am not going to be walking around with my hand out--and it's not because of pride---Its because of purpose. This is a path, a journey---and if I ever accept help, it will only mean that I believe that it was MEANT to be here for me. And if it doesn't come, that's ok too. It means that it wasn't supposed to come. I have lots to offer the world...My path will lead me where it should.

I am making a choice to continue this path--this journey---to become a better human and a better man. It is a lesson in humility---

World's sexiest hobo? I doubt it....
But thanks for the compliment....It made me laugh. It made me happy. It made me smile. And that, my friends---is the whole point of life.

Peace to you---And please--BE NICE TO EACH OTHER!

Kit
 



No comments:

Post a Comment