TEXT

Kit's Quote of the Day----"Don't just Say 'I love you' - Be willing to prove it...EVERYDAY!"

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What I like. Thanks for asking.

For the first time since I started this blog, someone has emailed me and asked me what I LIKE in life. Instead of asking about the path, they asked about me.

Well, I try to take ego out of things, but it was nice to get the question. So here we go....

"I love your blog, but I have a question. Does being on this 'path' or religion mean that you have to give up everything fun? I mean, what do you like? What do you do for fun? You don't just sit around in silence all day, right? You seem like a good guy...Tell me about you."

First, let me clear up some mis-conceptions. My path is not a religion. It is not a systematic path of following a doctrine that someone wrote down a few hundred years ago. It is not an interpretation of someone else's ideals or views. It is simply and unveiling. It is a process of removing the cover to reveal the truth that has ALWAYS existed without opinion.

On this path, let me make one thing clear: No one can teach you anything. You already know the answers. All a "teacher" can do is REVEAL the truth. The truth is there. Just reach out for it. Close your eyes, shut up for 10 minutes and it will come to you. I promise.

So what do I "like" and what do I do for fun?

How about a list.

  • Oklahoma University Football
  • Getting tattoos
  • Girls with tattoos 
  • Girls who can rock a t-shirt and jeans
  • Casual street fashion
  • Sports on TV
  • Good Beer (but never over-do it...not anymore!)
  • Music
  • Playing my guitar
  • Playing video games with my son
  • Earthy smells
  • Long drives
  • Going to the ocean
  • Dreaming
I am a normal guy. I curse a little too much. I make mistakes. I don't always reach my full potential. I have flaws. BUT...I love myself. I love my path. And I love life.

Thanks for asking---That was fun. As much as I work on putting away my ego, it's nice that someone gave a damn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment