TEXT

Kit's Quote of the Day----"Don't just Say 'I love you' - Be willing to prove it...EVERYDAY!"

Thursday, August 1, 2013

When things end...things begin

A few months ago, I (we) made a decision to pursue a long simmering relationship. Today that relationship ended. And the funny thing is that I am not as sad as I thought I might be. I won't get into the details of the how and why--I will just say that it HAD to happen. It HAD to be pursued and it HAD to end.

Don't get me wrong. I am sad at the WAY it ended. Assumptions and undeserved distrust are not things that anyone wants in their life. I am sad for the loss of some energetic fulfillment. I am sad for the loss of a specific kind of love that was given. But I am not sad that it ended.

Living this life, I have discovered that I am able to overcome loss and handle transitions better than I used to. Why? Because I have learned to remove my ego from it and just accept things on their own merit. Endings and beginnings are all a part of life. The circle continues.

I will always love her and care about her, but a romantic relationship was just not meant for us. There were TOO MANY issues to overcome. And that's ok. We were not on the same path---It doesn't make her a bad person--It doesn't make me a failure. It just means that it was not mean to be. It is the natural path of things.

How can I be sad about that?

All endings are the beginning to something else.

Peace to you---Be nice to each other.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment