TEXT

Kit's Quote of the Day----"Don't just Say 'I love you' - Be willing to prove it...EVERYDAY!"

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mailbag #1

My Shadow doesn't worry
Why should I?
I had not intended a blog for today but when I got back to the hotel after a long, unsatisfying (but grateful, always grateful!) day of work, I found my first ever email about the blog!

As always, if you email me, I might print it, but I will never disclose your name. I will also always respond personally. ALWAYS. So THANK YOU!

Before we get to the letter, I also want to thank you for the retweets, Facebook shares and Google+ shares! You guys are great.

Now the letter.

Kit - 

I read your first three blog posts and I have to tell you that I am in awe of your attitude. I want to learn more but I worry too much about what other people think. Any tips for a budding path walker?

-J.B.

Wow! Thank you so much--By writing this, I assume that you would want me to talk to you as I would want to be talked to when I have questions? If that is the case, then prepare for a hard truth and some tough love.

You will ALWAYS care about what people think as long as you care about what people think. Let that sink in for a minute. That is the essence of Macho Zen--of ANY kind of ZEN. We have all heard the phrase,"It is what it is..." but very few of us understand or actually LIVE it.

The reason you do this is because you allow yourself to do it.

 The fact is that you have to make a choice not to care what they think. It is hard. I know from experience. I struggle everyday. But it is an ego thing. We don't want to be thought of a wimpy or crazy or freaky....But let me tell you a truth....If you see someone walking down the street and you worry about what they think about you--how you look, what kind of clothes you have, what kind of car you drive, etc---there is a 99% chance that THEY are worried about what YOU think about THEM! It is what has become of us....It IS what it IS.

Those of us who are trying to break that chain, that "ego cycle" if you will, are the warriors for future generations and for ourselves and our own sanity.

You're a man. Approach it like a challenge! BE a WARRIOR for your path. WALK it....Learn from it. Use it as a SOURCE of personal pride and growth, not as something to be ashamed of. Don't give "others" the power over your choices. OWN IT! Own your path----and when you step off and slip, don't worry about it. Be humble. Be honest. Be grateful. But most of all. Be yourself. Your TRUE SELF doesn't care what others think or how it looks to the rest of the world. Your TRUE self is within you. Make your TRUE self come to the outside.

Thanks again gang! Feel free to email anytime!

Peace to you!

Kit

p.s. Be nice to each other---I mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment