TEXT

Kit's Quote of the Day----"Don't just Say 'I love you' - Be willing to prove it...EVERYDAY!"

Friday, August 1, 2014

Noise - So much noise

As I am writing this, my living situation is one that I have never experienced before.
I have roommates.
I never had roommates, outside of an actual relationship. I had always lived alone or as a couple.
My roomies now are kind enough to rent me a room in their house. Actually, I have the whole basement to myself. I think they are kind of ripping me off money wise. I found out that their rent is not even double what I am paying them and I openly have access to only 1/4 of the house. But I needed the place and I am grateful for the space to sleep right now. I think they are taking advantage of me though--but its temporary.
The biggest problem is that they told me that they basement was ridiculously quiet.
This is not, under any definition of the word, true.
They are the noisiest people I have EVER experienced.
The music is loud (and TERRIBLE taste, by the way).
The talking is not talking, It is yelling.
The walking is not walking. It is stomping.
In truth, I don't know how two people can not know how loud they are being.
But it is not my house so I don't say anything.
I simply close my door, center myself and let it go.

This is much the same that we all have to do with whatever is bothering us throughout our day. We have to find a way to find a way. We need to find our peace. Whether it is external noise or internal noise, there are many distractions in life to keep us unfocused. Finding a way to find our peace is a constant struggle.

Do I have an answer for this one? No I do not. I am venting now and searching for that answer. It is bound to be there.
Maybe if they ever shut up, I will meditate about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment